Monday, July 7, 2008

Back from the Brink

One of the reasons I haven't posted in a bit is that the fight with the bf kept going on and on - until I really thought it was over. I brought dinner over to patch things up (after dramatically removing much of my stuff from his house) and we ended up in a huge fight. In these situations I become an emotional basket case and he becomes the icy cold prosecutor from hell. Of course it escalates because I am trying to find common ground and just dig deeper and deeper into distrust and misunderstanding. So I left - trying to look calm but the minute I got into my car - I started sobbing like a baby. All I could think of was that I didn't want to go home and cry alone so I started dialing friends. Of course I couldn't get ahold of any of them. I even contemplated going back to the bf's (don't ask me the fucked up logic on that one).

So as I pull into my driveway my cell phone rings.

It is the bf.

He proceeds to apologize for being a jerk.

Now I am trying to stop sobbing so I can talk to him - and he proceeds to keep apologizing about how he can't help himself and he never wants to hurt me blah blah blah.

Don't know what to say, but I accepted his apology. Part of me says after six years I shouldn't have to put up with this, but the other part says - we have fights like this once a year and I do love him.

Anyhow - I had a lovely birthday thanks to him and we are having a good time together - for now I am sticking it out.

No comments: