Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Grow up Obama supporters

I am an NPR junkie and follow politics like some people follow sports. Recently, I keep hearing Obama supporter whining about the "democratic establishment". They seem to think it was a big plot that Hillary Clinton won the Ohio and Texas primaries. They seem to feel like the Clinton campaign is part of an evil empire trying to stop their man from spreading the gospel.

All I have to say to frothing at the mouth Obama supporter - GROW UP!

Don't get me wrong, I like Barak Obama. I am a loyal democrat who would vote for him if he is the nominee - I just happen to think Hillary Clinton will make a better president. She has her faults, but so does our man Obama. Don't mistake the rhetoric for the fact that he is a politician. Obama supporters like to think he is something different - but in my mind he isn't raising the millions of dollars without being in bed with big money the same way all politicians are. It is a fact of life. My support for Clinton is based on a belief that she will navigate the fine line between ideals, rhetoric and practical politics better than Obama.

Part of being a mature adult is being able to non-emotionally deal with the facts on hand and accept reality. Sometimes I think Obama supporters are addicted to the dream. Like believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: